At CapMan, our mission is to build value for the enrichment of society. We believe that it is central for the long-term success of our clients, portfolio companies, asset users and communities to consider sustainability factors, including environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors, in our funds’ decision-making processes, ownership activities as well as advisory practices.
Read more about the sustainable investments of CapMan Group in: https://www.capman.com/company/sustainability
Investment advisory provides advisory and discretionary portfolio management services. The team performs active manager selection of third-party public and private market funds.
We believe that sustainability is a return and risk driver in the long-term investing and thus, it should be integrated in all investment decisions from investment strategy to individual instrument level.
The selection process includes detailed ESG data analysis and qualitative interviews with the portfolio managers and analyst. The focus is placed on funds ESG integration, carbon intensity, implementation, and engagement practices. Advisory team monitors chosen managers systematically with position level ESG data analysis and portfolio manager interviews.
Investment advisory focuses on the following issues in particular:
1. Client preferences on ESG issues.
2. Sustainability factors are central in every investment decision – together with risk and return.
3. Align investments to support a low carbon economy.
4. Fund analysis includes the following sustainability factors: Carbon intensity, Green & Brown revenue, Corporate Governance, UNGC violations and controversies based on OECD guidelines.
5. Promote solutions that support reaching the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s).
6. Portfolio and fund level sustainability reporting.